Hello Everyone , Today I shared a new recipe video on my cooking channel Organic Desi Lifestyle . I shared a recipe for what in Southern Asia is known as Panjiri. It is most commonly known as a healing supplement for new mothers and given to them after the birth of their child but don’t be mistaken and don’t think that its only for new moms but rather it has so many great benefits for every day life.
I had a baby 9 months ago and my mom made me a whole jar of this and I am pretty sure it made a difference because you have plenty of pains here and there after giving birth and Panjiri helps increase your breast milk , regain strength and essential nutrients. Panjiri is also known to cure minor backache pain and I have plenty of proof in my family that it works. So you HAVE to give it a try and some women are scared that it might taste bad ( I was told that plenty of times ) but trust me it is DELICIOUS!
- Panjiri is known as a traditional healing food for mothers. The ingredients help the new moms regain their strength , increase breast milk and provide them with nutrients.
- The nutrients help with postpartum depression.
- Proven to be great and cure everyday minor backaches and back problems.
- Panjiri helps get the uterus back to its normal self after delivery and removes the excessive fluid in the uterus.
- The dried nuts increase the immunity of our body and help with common colds in winter.
Because of the warm nature of the ingredients Take only 1 Tbsp every morning. You can eat it as it is or take it with milk however you prefer. You can also do two doses one 1 Tbsp in the morning and one before bed. Always make sure to drink lots of water. For one person this recipe will last around 4-5 months but you will have plenty of these ingredients left to make it again because we are only use gram amounts which isn’t a lot.
What you need..
Clarified Butter ( Ghee) 580 Grams
Semolina ( Suji ) 500 Grams
Sugar 400 Grams
Fox Nut ( Phool Makhana) 50 Grams
Coconut Powder 50 Grams
Edible Gum ( Gond) 1 teaspoon
Flame of the forest ( Kamarkas ) 1 Tablespoon
Carom Seeds ( Ajwain) 1 teaspoon
Green Cardamom Powder ( Ilaichi ) 1 Teaspoon
Musk Melon Seeds ( Char Magaz) 50 Grams
Cashew ( Kaju ) 120 Grams
Almonds ( Badaam) 100 Grams
Walnuts ( Akhrot ) 50 Grams
Pistachio 50 Grams
Ginger Powder ( Adrak) 1 Teaspoon
Most of these ingredients are available at any south asian stores such as indian/pakistani grocery but if you are unable to find , I have listed the link to some of these ingredients that I think you might have trouble finding in store. Order them from Amazon from the comfort of your own home. Also if you would like to add more nuts of your choice you are welcome to edit the recipe as you prefer. This following recipe is just our family’s way of making it.
Buy The Ingredients Below
Information about the Ingredients used in Panjiri
- Edible Gum Helps uterus contract, warming, source of fibre, pre-biotic
- Flame of the forest(Kamarkas) promotes healing of muscles, stimulates uterus.
- Ginger powder Promotes circulation, warming, clears liver, antiseptic)
- Ground Cardamom Anti-spasmodic, warming, antiseptic
- Musk Melon seeds (Protein, essential fatty acids, minerals)
- Fox Nuts Protein, essential fatty acids, minerals
- Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews, Walnuts Protein, essential fatty acids, minerals
- (Ghee) Clarified Butter fat soluble vitamins
- Coconut Medium chain fatty acids, fibre
- Semolina Fibre, protein, potassium, B-vitamins, vitamin E
Watch The Video
219 total views, 2 views today