You will need…
- Whole Chicken – 1 Kg (Preferably organic & pasture raised )
- Water – 20 Cups
- Onion – 1 Medium size ( Cut it up into large pieces )
- Ginger – 1-2 cm thick
- Garlic – 2 whole heads ( peeled or not doesn’t matter you’ll be draining it later. Cut it in half if you don’t want to peel it )
- Turmeric 1 TBSP
- Black Pepper 1 – 1/2 TBSP
- Himalayan Salt According to your taste
- Cumin Seeds 2 TBSP
- Dried Coriander Seeds 2 TBSP
- ( Optional: Cloves 1 TSP )
- Get your pot and add water .
- Add Chicken.
- Add Ginger , Garlic and Onion.
- Add all the spices
- Once the water boils, let it cook on medium heat for about 3-4 hours or until you are left with half of the water from what you originally started with.
- Use a strainer to strain the liquid in to a bowl and take out the chicken. ( Freeze your chicken and keep it for later use but throw away rest of the ingredients such as garlic, ginger and onions. )
- Drink it while its warm .
- Store it in refrigerator and reheat before serving.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon to add more flavor to it.
Turmeric , garlic , ginger and onions are very popular ingredients in everyday cooking especially in Indian/Pakistani cuisines. They don’t just taste good , they offer huge health benefits as well.
Fresh, raw garlic has been known and proven since ancient times to be an effective killer of bacteria and viruses.
Ginger has been used as a medicine for a long time now and just like turmeric it also has anti-inflammatory properties . Both ginger and turmeric are also known to reduce the risk of cancer as well.
Turmeric has been known and used as medicine for a long long time specially in South-East Asia and here in the U.S. people are finally learning the huge range of benefits it offers . Read this amazing post to learn all that turmeric has to offer and you ‘ll immediately want this amazing spice to become a part of your daily diet.
This is a great recipe for patients who need to gain back their strength such as new mothers or someone who just had a surgery etc. I drank it almost everyday after I had my baby and it makes a difference without you even realizing it. It heals you from the inside and helps you become stronger again. It is also great for winter days to give to your kids and family, it’ll keep their bodies healthy enough to fight off flu and colds.
Another important thing to keep in mind is to make sure you are getting organic , pasture raised chicken. Its important that the chicken you are using had a great diet and was stress free while it was alive, because it makes a difference for you as well. If you are going to use a chicken that lived a stressful life, never saw the sun and ate genetical modified corn all its life, all of this wasn’t just harmful for that chicken but its going to be harmful for the person who is eating it as well. So, this is a very important factor to consider.
- Have you tried my ginger & turmeric tea recipe ? I had posted it a few months ago but it got deleted while I was having some issues with my website, it ‘ll be posted again here soon until then I hope you give this recipe a try.
See The Video
Subscribe to my following accounts to stay updated.
Thanks for reading you guys !
All images © 2014-2018 Naila K
1,697 total views, 3 views today