Hey guys, I am on a trip to Pakistan and learning my husband’s favorite recipes from my mother in law and sharing with you guys. I hope you guys like em and don’t forget to watch the video below !
Khatta Chicken | Spicy & Sour Chicken |
WHAT YOU NEED
- Chicken 1.8 Lbs / 0.8 Kg Chicken
- Yogurt 1 Kg
- Ginger/Garlic Paste 1 TBSP
- Green Chillies Paste 1/2 TBSP or as preferred
- Green Chillies Fresh 1-2
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Lemon Juice 4 TBSP
- Salt per taste
- Cumin Powder 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala 1/2 TSP
- Zarda Rang/Yellow food color 1/2 Tsp
- Beat yogurt in a bowl
- Add ginger/garlic paste
- Add green chillies paste ( green chillies blended in few tablespoons of water in a blender )
- Add Cumin
- Add Garam Masala
- Add Zarda Rang/Yellow Food Color
- Add Lemon Juice all over chicken
- Add yogurt spice mix all over chicken.
- If you have time leave chicken in mixture for 1 hour or overnight otherwise cook in 15-30 min.
- Turn the heat to high and bring mixture to boil.
- Cook on high heat for 15 min.
- After 15 min , bring heat to medium and leave for 10 minutes.
- Bring heat to high again and add 2 Tbsp oil.
- Mix well.
- Add fresh green chillies
- Cook on high heat until all the water is dried up and mixture is stuck to meat.
- Garnish with Cilantro/Mint
- Enjoy with fresh roti or rice.
Watch The Video
Thanks for reading you guys !
All images © 2014-2018 Naila K
324 total views, 3 views today