Today's Recipe Alu Bhujia | Potatoes With Mixed Spices |
WHAT YOU NEED
- Oil 1 Cup (We use Sunflower)
- Potatoes 7-8 small sized OR 5 medium sized cut in small slices.
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves 1 TSP
- Green Peppers 2-3 Chopped
- Red Pepper 1/2 TBSP or per taste
- Crushed Red Pepper 1/2 TBSP
- Dried Coriander 1 TSP ( or more as u like )
- Himalayan Salt per taste
- Cumin Powder 1 TBSP
- Coriander Powder 1 TBSP
- Turmeric 1/2 TSP
- Black Pepper 1/2 TSP
- Garam Masala 1/2 Tsp ( Optional )
- ( Blend of spices called garam masala available at any indian/pakistani grocery stores)
- Heat oil in pan
- Add potatoes.
- Fry for 15-20 min
- Add water / sprinkle as needed to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Add Cumin powder ,Coriander powder and seeds , Turmeric, Red Pepper ,Crushed Red Pepper and Salt. Mix well.
- Fry for about 5 min
- Add green peppers chopped.
- Cover and leave on low heat for 10-15 min until potatoes are done.
- Once potatoes are tender
- Add dried fenugreek , cilantro , black pepper and ( garam masala optional )
- Mix well .
- Enjoy with fresh roti flat bread .
Thanks for reading you guys !
All images © 2014-2018 Naila K
920 total views, 3 views today